Our Visiting Artist In Residence program provides housing, private studio space, and access to our multipurpose studio AT NO COST TO THE ARTIST. To help offset travel, supply, and food costs, we also offer up to$1000 stipends. In return, we ask that each artist share their work with our community through open studios and a presentation of their work.
REGIONAL ARTIST IN RESIDENCE
We offer space for Jackson Hole area artists to focus on and develop their individual practice while participating in a national and international artist community.
Currently, our studios are full, and we are not accepting applications for regional artists.
If you would like to be notified when there is an availability, join our mailing list by filling out this contact form.
• Year-long program, starting January 1, with opportunity to renew.
• 2015 rent is $1.25-$2 per square foot depending on studio size, location, and amenities.
• Artists over 21 years of age living in the JH Area and not currently enrolled in an academic program.
• Merit of past work.
• Potential to benefit from the experience at Teton Artlab.
• Potential to impact the community at Teton Artlab and beyond.
• Ability to be present on-site and to attend Open Studios.
•Staff reviews applications to ensure completion and eligibility.
•Submissions are reviewed by Teton Artlab’s board. The board evaluates each artist's materials and selects finalists.
•Finalists are invited to present their work in a 20-minute, in-person interview to determine the final award selection.
•Resume or curriculum vitae.
•Letter of interest, outlining your specific interest in working at Teton Artlab.
•List of three references, including names, phone numbers, and email addresses.
•Samples of recent work or website
•Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teton Artlab's programs are supported in part by The Charles Engelhard Foundation, Old Bills Fun Run, Center of Wonder, Cultural Council of Jackson Hole, Community Foundation of Jackson Hole, and the Wyoming Cultural Trust Fund.